Find out if your child qualifies for
All Houston-area school districts offer a free half- or full-day pre-K program for 4-year-olds who meet at least one of the following qualifications:
- Eligible for free or reduced-price lunch programs
- Unable to speak and comprehend English
- Homeless (unstable housing)
- Is or has ever been in foster care
- Child of active duty member of U.S. Armed Forces, including state military forces or reserves
- Child of a member of the U.S. Armed Forces, including state military forces or reserves, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty
Some districts also offer pre-K for 3-year-olds and for tuition-paying students. Districts will enroll all 4-year-olds who meet eligibility requirements before accepting tuition-paying students. If you think you might be eligible for free pre-k – take our quick quiz and apply today!
Fill out the form below to determine if your child is eligible for free pre-K. Note that this form is only used to determine your child’s eligibility. We do not collect any of your personal information.